Five artists were tapped to interpret the book into NFT art.
Non-fungible tokens art inspired by Kai-Fu Lee and Chen Qiufan’s new book AI 2041: Ten Visions For Our Future will be released by NFT platform TR Labs, said a TR Labs statement shared with CoinDesk.
- The collaboration is “one of the first cross-medium projects between authors and artists representing two promising emerging technologies: AI and blockchain,” the statement said.
- Founded by former Christie’s Deputy Chairwoman Xin Li-Cohen, TR Labs is an NFT platform for fine art. In August, it auctioned an original artwork by renowned Chinese artist Cai Guo-Qiang for $2.5 million.
- AI 2041 is a collection of 10 stories about how AI might change the world in the next 20 years.
- Five artists were tapped to interpret the stories: 3D artist Alex Ness, who has worked with Lil Nas X, Travis Scott, and Diplo; graphics designer Ash Thorp, whose work has been featured in Ender’s Game, Assassin’s Creed and Ghost in the Shell, as well as machine and AI focused artists Brendan Dawes, Joshua Davis, and Refik Anadol.
- More artists will be announced in the future, TR Labs said.
- Formerly president of Google China, Lee is one of the most followed figures in China’s tech industry. His venture capital firm Sinovation Ventures has invested in some of China’s most prominent startups, including AI giant Megvii, crypto mining rig maker Bitmain, and drone maker XAG. His 2018 book AI Superpowers: China, Silicon Valley, and the New World Order was a New York Times best seller.
- Chen, an award-winning Chinese science fiction writer, said that “technology will further blur the boundaries of different forms of creations,” opening up “a new realm of unlimited imagination and creativity.”